Stocks are taking a major hit due to the spread of the Coronavirus.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Investors are shifting away from riskier assets on signs outbreak is spreading outside China.
- Strict quarantines are being imposed in an attempt to contain the spread of the virus.
- There is no cure for the virus, we are unsure of transmission mechanism and a commercially available inoculation is at least a year away.
- Markets are discounting a dramatic slowdown in economic growth. Depending on the progression of the disease, the virus could end the longest bull market in history.
- Investors should not use today as an opportunity to “buy the dip” as the market has just begun to reprice growth.
Like what you just read?
Learn more with our “Weekly Insights” newsletter to receive more insights into the financial topics that matter most to you!